Ummmmm…… Exsqueeze me! Is anyone else finding it hard to believe that it’s the end of a year?!?
2014. It has been a big year. Sometimes lovely. Sometimes an asshole. I’m not too sad to see it go but I’ll remember some parts fondly.
The last two years have been a rollercoaster. As much as I love me a thrill ride, I’d like to get off this one. I’m looking forward to hearing the fireworks at midnight, signalling the new year. A new beginning. Yeeeehaaaah!!!
I was thinking about the past 12 months and it’s been nice to remember the new, exciting and sometimes funny things that 2014 brought my way:
– My baby started primary school and did so amazingly well (not surprised, he is my child 😉
– I made some beautiful new friends – fellow first time school mamas. We became our own little gang.
– I started work after taking a few years off. New place, new people, new industry = scary much?!
– I started Raising Misters!
– I renovated furniture for the first time ever. And didn’t totally suck at it.
– I started (slowly) learning how to ask people for help when I needed it.
– I got to play “Tooth Fairy” for the first time. And actually remembered to do it!
– I tried a Cronut. Didn’t love it. Was sad I didn’t love it (although my ass probably wasn’t).
– Several proud mama moments including when my eldest won awards and had performances at school and watching my little mister entertain the masses when he took over the Kindy Christmas concert.
– Took loads of photos (on my iphone) and really started to enjoy it and like the pics I came out with.
– Mastering the fine art of getting myself and the boys fed, dressed, ready, out the door, and getting to Kindy, school and work…ON TIME!!
There have been some pretty good things happen this year. I’m looking forward to 2015 and all that it will bring. I’m hopeful that the best is yet to come.
I’ve given up on New Year’s resolutions – I never ever keep them. Let’s instead call it a wish list. For 2015 I wish for a slightly smaller muffin top, a lotto win, a new couch, maybe moving house, some more DIY furniture projects, reading more, getting the boy’s swimming lessons done, going exploring on more day trips, maybe go away for a weekend or two, maybe meet a nice (poor unsuspecting) gentleman, be happy, drink more cocktails, exercise a little more (ok, at all), get to the beach a lot more. My list is large…..
As far as my little blog goes, I’m going to (try to) be a little more organised and hope to bring you some more exciting things – starting with a special guest post in the new year from an awesome mum and business woman I want you to meet. Can’t tell just yet. And remember, if I can hunt something down for you, let me know. And if you have anything you’d like to see featured for your little misters, tell me!
Lastly, thank you for being part of my best bits of 2014. “I love youse all” and I’m grateful for each of you xx
May the next year be your best one yet.
What’s your best bits of this year? What are you looking forward to in 2015? What’s on your wish list?